cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Printing too large

Lesliescanon13
Contributor

Hello. My printer is printing too large. I tried making the printer size smaller on the printer as well, I tried changing the setting in my print setting on my computer.

I have changed the blinking ink cartridges in hopes of repair. Nothing! Any suggestions would be grately appreciated.

Thanks Leslie

11 REPLIES 11

Danny

Hi, Lesliescanon13!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof) and which apps you're trying to print from. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi there. {I've had this printer for more than three years. This is the first time this has happened. As I state, I checked the things I felt was necessary. Even made the percentage smaller to 75% on the printer and in the print settings on my computer).

I'm using Windows 10 OS. I'm trying to print a couple of return labels via my email. Didn'r change size to fit an actual label size. Just a standard 11.5 sheet and I cut the paper to fit the size of a label.

I've been doing this for three years nothing different, However, I've never used this merchant before in Amazon. Could it possibly have somethng to do with the way the email was sent to me? Is is not being sent directly back to Amazon but the merchant. As is the other package.

Thank you.

Leslie

Hi Lesliescanon13,

What web browser are you using to view your email?

Once the email is open, are you clicking the print icon on that web page or are you choosing the web browser print option?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick. Thanks for your interest and help. The browser I'm using is Goggle with Norton's bar. I'm printing from the yahoo page itself.

Also, This didn't start until my ink(s) went low. I ordered the ex-large black and a magenta because those were blinking.. When they arrived, I opened the ink dispenser, and noticed three other ink cartridges were blinking (empty). I had one and I am waiting for the regular black and yellow.

My question is, do you think the lack of ink has something to do with the large print? I'm waiting for those two cartridges to arrive. Btw, they are genuine Canon products.

Patrick, would you know why there is an ex-large cartridge and a regular black cartridge? Is the ex-large a holding well for when the regular black run out?

Thanks much

Hello.

The ink levels do not affect font sizes.  Font sizes are usually controlled by the software that you are using.

Check to see if a "Print" option is inside or around the web page or article that you are trying to print.  This should properly format it for printing.  If the issue persists, you may have to copy the text and then paste it into a word processing program like Microsoft Word so that you can adjust the font size before printing.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Michael, I'll try it.

Leslie

Hi, I'm having similar issue with printing PDFs from Preview. Ever since upgrading my iMac to MacOS 10.14 I've had issues. I do have an unsupported printer now, a Pixma MX860 and there hasn't been any software upgrades on the Canon site in a long time. At first printing a PDF from a website runing Safari the printing issue occured. The work around was to download the file and then open in Preview and it would print fine. Now on MacOS 10.14.6, even opening the file in Preview does not work. The printing is very large and even scaling down the size doesn't work.  I've attached an example, this is a PDF I converted to s JPG so that I can insert here. I'll probably just have to get a newer printer as this old trooper only uses 32bit software and if I want to upgrade to the latest MacOS, I need 64bit software. Large printing.jpg

Hi perezpj44,

Since the MX860 has been retired and there are no longer drivers being updated, you qualify for the Canon Upgrade program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Ok great, I will look into that.  Thanks!

Announcements