cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Print Head

CarlE
Apprentice

My printer is not printing in color, missing the magenta color. My magenta cartridge emptied and I didn’t have another on hand.  I may have left it open to air and possibly the print head dried out. I accidentally purchased a 281X cartridge which didn’t work.  After getting the correct cartridge I am not getting all the nozzles to print correctly in color.  I removed the print head and reseated it; followed cleaning and deep cleaning steps several times with out any success.

Is my printer shot or is there something else needed to correct my problem.  My printer is about 3 yrs old.

Thanks for any help! 

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You could purchase a replacement print head if the head is what is malfunctioning. No need for a new printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

CarlE
Apprentice

Thank you for your response.  I looked at the price of a new print head.  Unfortunately, the price of a new head is about the same as a new printer.  I paid $99 on amazon about three years ago.  I also understand the ink third party ink carts are not so good for print quality and or service life.  Something I need to consider as well.

That’s an outstanding price since when I checked Amazon before I posted my response it was >$400. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

CarlE
Apprentice

I know!  I couldn’t believe the price today!  I hadn’t checked it before I posted my response to you.  It might be worth it now.  However, I am thinking of maybe a manufacturer…like an HP.  Thanks!

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi CarlE,

Because replacing the ink tank and performing printhead cleaning did not cause your PIXMA MX922 to print correctly, it would appear that your PIXMA MX922 would require service.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements