cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 - Power Black Out / No Power

TangoMike5555
Contributor

I have 3 (three) MX 922. I love them and they were given to me or I bought them. I went to start them and in the span of a week, each one 'blinked out'. They don't turn on as though there is no power. Wall socket OK. Wire and Plug are OK. It is as if a fuse blew. Can the print head cleaning blotter mat get so wet that it fouls the machine? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Tangomike5555

Greetings,

Your time is valuable right?  What I'm hearing is its time for a new device(s).  One scans, one prints....  One has a B200 error.  I commend you for you this patience and tolerance.  We have 3 printers, they all work.  If I told my better half she could only print on this one, only scan on that one, and oh you have to wait to use it I'd be sleeping in the garage.  The 922 was great in its day, but is a bit "long in the tooth" now.  I'm not sure throwing more time and money at them is the way I'd go. I hope you'll get them figured out.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TangoMike5555
Contributor

Thanks for all the nifty replies 

Hi, TangoMike5555!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

I discovered that the C000 and B200 errors are fatal in the support area. thanls for the links 

TangoMike5555
Contributor

I torn one of the printers down to see the condition of the waste ink mats. The lower mats were very full and the upper container had a ways to go.
On a 2nd unit, it had been off for a while. It started after 4 months of sitting unplugged.
It started up and I installed new inks.
It would scan, I don't fax, and Printing and Coping gave a B200 code which means the print head is next to look at.
When I leave the printer ON With error code B200 the machine turns it's self off and won't repower. 
So now I have to wait a few months to use it as just a scanner.
I might try a new print head but I already got a newer printer.

The 3rd printer was also 'blacked out' and starts after a few months sitting unplugged. 
It reports an error code C000. So I have to check the paper path and Ink cartages.  

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Tangomike5555

Greetings,

Your time is valuable right?  What I'm hearing is its time for a new device(s).  One scans, one prints....  One has a B200 error.  I commend you for you this patience and tolerance.  We have 3 printers, they all work.  If I told my better half she could only print on this one, only scan on that one, and oh you have to wait to use it I'd be sleeping in the garage.  The 922 was great in its day, but is a bit "long in the tooth" now.  I'm not sure throwing more time and money at them is the way I'd go. I hope you'll get them figured out.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks yes all true 

TangoMike5555
Contributor

shadowsports, 

Thank you for your feed back.  

Yes it is difficult and even if I get it to run -- how long will it? 

I tore one apart and found two induction motor for cool science projects.  I will call Sales Group for upgrade options. I don't expect any good result though. 
I have a new TRTR8622, it doesn't have a USB scan to port. (a micro chip instead) and it won't support 8.5 x 14 paper. 
May be the back feeder and not the bottom tray. And that back feeder has a centering feature so I can run checks thru the printer again. Also it takes a much smaller footprint and the the same ink cartilages (?). I'll have to see if 250 and 280 ink are interchangeable. 😶
Announcements