cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Poor Print Quality

GWT
Contributor

My MX922 has started printing "fuzzy" text lines, every other line or so.  I have been through all of the cleaning and alignment procedures integral in the machine.  No help.

Possible diagnoses and solutions?

Thanks

-Gary

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The typical stuff applies:

Use Canon Inks

Good quality paper

Check for obstructions or jams

Deep Clean and perfrom a print head alignment

"Every other line"?

May want to remove and uninstall all drivers, then reinstall using the latest driver available for your OS.

If this doesn't help, the device probably needs service / part replacement. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Cleaning the encoder strip may help with this issue.  Please visit the following link for details about this procedure.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART142447 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

GWT
Contributor

Thank you for the suggestions.

As mentioned, I had completed, several times all of the on machine maintenance operations.

I have completed the various manual cleaning operations as well.  No improvement has been noted.

I have concluded that repair parts would be needed, probably at least print head(s)  So, given the time (my labor) and money involved I opted for a replacement machine.

I bought an MF644Cdw for a good price, in some ways not as functional for my purposes, but more solid.

Announcements