cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 How to start Up directly into Scan Mode??

bjy
Apprentice

Hi All,

I've had several MX922s and my current one is beyond self-repair with print head and other error messages upon power-on -- even after replacing the print head and the logic board!

Sound familiar?Man Sad  Rather than trashing this machine, too, I'd like to just use it as a Scanner. I'll print on my PRO-100.

Anyone know how to avoid the hard Error Code halts and continue into Scan Mode?

Or, how to start up an MX922 directly into Scan Mode, avoiding/dismissing Copy Mode's print/printhead error checking?

[Removed personal info per forum community guidelines]

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bjy,

It is not possible to use the PIXMA MX922 as a scanner if there is an error or support code on the display of the printer.

The error would have to be resolved before scanning is performed.  If you are unable to clear the error, your PIXMA MX922 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002.  They're available weekdays and Saturdays after 11 AM ET (8 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements