cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX920 worked fine, suddenly offline. None of the usual fixes are working - out of ideas!

EncryptedToast
Apprentice

Hello, I have been using an MX920 wirelesly for about 6 months with no issues.  Recently I went to print something and got the "Printer is turned off" message in windows - I went and recycled it just to be sure and still get the offline message.  Here are the things I have tried:

Rebooted PC

Recycled printer

Set up with WAN again, printed out settings.

I can ping the IP address and login to the local interface with a browser.  There does not seem to be any issues communicating.

Turned off Windows Firewall.

Removed printer, tried to add again but its not finding it.  Even if I manually specify the IP address (that I can currently ping)

I found a document that suggested using the Canon IJ Nework tool, when I use that I see:

"There are ports that cannot be used with their current settings.  For details, refer to the [Instructions] to be displayed automatically."
Then it goes to some generic help screen, not sure where to go from there.  

Any ideas?  I wonder if some Windows security patch hosed things or something, I rarely make changes on this system and this came out of nowhere.

5 REPLIES 5

EncryptedToast
Apprentice

Anyone? 

This just makes no sense to me.

Hi, EncryptedToast!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

I have searched Cannons knowledge base and tried everything I have found, I also already contacted Cannon when  I first posted this topic and have not heard anything.

Hello EncryptedToast,

If you've tried all these things, then we recommend calling support for one-on-one troubleshooting. Our team is available weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET) at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). 

Support at Canon USA is always free and right here in the US.

If you're outside of the USA, you'll need to reach out to Canon in your country/region for assistance by clicking HERE

richardweber89
Apprentice

Open the print queue: right click icon near the clock on the task bar and click see what's printing. May need to click "Open Devices and printers" then right click the printer icon and choose see what's printing.

Then uncheck the use offline option from the "Printer" drop down menu.

Note: if you have duplicate jobs queued, right click them and cancel before unchecking the "use offline" option. As they will start automatically.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements