cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX892 Problem since Windows 10 Upgrade

DonsDesk
Apprentice

Don Here: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from W7. Printer worked fine before the upgrade. Now I keep getting a message that 'Canon MP Navigator EX has stopped working'. Microsoft has spent hours trying to find the cause. Windows 10 has been installed and reinstalled. All MX892 drivers updated and reupdated. The message appears 90% of the time I open MP Navigator. Occasionally MP Navigator will  open correectly and allow me to scan to PDF like it should. However when I try to save the scan as PDF and I pick Browse to select location to save to it freezes and stops working. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

HI Don,

You upgraded to Windows 10.

You have subsequently reinstalled the OS again trying to fix your software issue.  I assume this means you "reset" the machine and did not perform an install from scratch?

Did you try removing the printer and all of its software, then reinstalling it and running it's set up again?

Have you tried running the software or installing it under another user profile to see if thats resolves the behavior?

Is the printer connected by ethernet, wireless or USB?

What drivers version are you using?  (MX890 series MP Driver Ver. 1.03 (Windows) is most current.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick, thanks for your interest and comments.

Yes upgraded to Windows 10. W10 has subsequently be reinstalled two time by the MS tech (about a 2 hour loading each time). I’m unclear about your meaning of ‘reset’ the machine.

The printer’s software/program has been uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. I’m unclear about your meaning of ‘running it’s set up again’, It runs (to some degree) very intermittently so it is being recognized occasionally.

The MS tech did create a new temporary profile but the problem persisted.

The printer is connected by USB and I have the MX890 series MP Driver Ver. 1.03 (Windows) and the only MP Navigator EX driver on the website, 5.1.1, its dated 2015.

This morning the MS tech noticed that my Vizio All-in-One desktop has the original BIOS from when I purchased it in 2012 and has suggested I contact Vizio to see if they have any updates. I did that today (Sunday) and support could not find any but will check further and get back to me tomorrow (Monday).

Seems the MS tech is wondering if my PC may have a problems with W10, perhaps not the Canon printer.

Don

Announcements