cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX885 Problem

Isac
Enthusiast
I have a Canon MX-885 printer running on a Windows 10 Pro system. I need to uninstall the printer completely from my PC, which is on a home network which has my PC, a second PC and 2 laptops. There are no print jobs in the queue for any of the computers and my PC is the only one powered up. I have removed most of the software but It won't let me remove the "Canon MX800 series MP Drivers(x64)". The error listed is: "Printer driver is currently in use. If you are not using the printer driver, it may be used by other users on this computer. Exit all applications and printer properties and then try again. If you still have a problem, restart the computer and then try again." As I am the only user I find this error rather confusing. Would any member have a solution to this problem? I await a positive response from a Canon guru. Many thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1

Isac
Enthusiast

I have solved the problem with the MX885 printer. I downloaded the latest drivers for Windows 10 and installed them one-by one - and all is good! I also decided to upgrade my Canon Pro9500 mark II drivers and software and that weent well also BUT for one problem - The new program to print CD labels (it's inside the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint EX program) saves the files in a new format with the extension ".el8". Now I cant load the old format files with the extension ".cld" Is there a converter available or is there another solution? I hope so, becaue I have hundreds of the older format.

Announcements