cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX870 printer

JoeZ
Contributor

I like this printer very much. Works great. But man, it sucks ink. It seems to suck ink faster than when I bought it. I mostly print in B&W but the color cartridges still go down. Is it possible that something is wrong with the printer doing this?

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JoeZ,

The PIXMA MX870 will use color ink tanks to print colored text. Even if the grayscale option is checked in the printer driver, if the original text is in a color other than black, the PIXMA MX870 will combine the cyan, magenta and yellow ink tanks together to make a composite black. This is why your color ink cartridges are being used.

To use only the black ink tank, the original text must be black and the paper setting must be set to Plain Paper.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JoeZ,

The PIXMA MX870 will use color ink tanks to print colored text. Even if the grayscale option is checked in the printer driver, if the original text is in a color other than black, the PIXMA MX870 will combine the cyan, magenta and yellow ink tanks together to make a composite black. This is why your color ink cartridges are being used.

To use only the black ink tank, the original text must be black and the paper setting must be set to Plain Paper.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Compay
Apprentice

Greetings, I have the same problem with my Canon MX870 after the B200 error appears. Did you find the solution sometime? Can you help me identify what are the pins 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the AC adapter K30323? I do not know what voltage is on each pin. I need the electrical map, or electrical diagram, or datasheets, or electric schemes
, schematics, or circuit map of the AC adapter K30323 of this Canon MX870. Please help.
Where I live it is difficult to find a head of that printer. After the error B200 I disconnected it from electricity for a long time. Then to the days I try to turn it on and it does not want to turn on, or start up, or work any key, or turn on any led, or do anything at all. She's dead. Can you help me? I can not find a solution anywhere on the internet. I'm desperate.

Announcements