cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX492 only printing at 1/4 size (mac)

meggo
Apprentice

Hey all-

My printer suddenly started printing at 1/4 of the size of the page. I checked the settings a dozen times, uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, and it just isn't working. I set the # of pages per page to 4 and then back to 1, and that worked once, and then it reverted to the quarter size page again. Even the print preview is totally fine, but when it prints it comes out tiny.

I've come across a couple of pretty old posts with the same issue, but no one seems to have a good answer. Does anyone know what to do about this? I don't really want to get a new printer....

7 REPLIES 7

kheidecker
Apprentice
Same. If I go into the dialog box and print from a PDF is it full-size but this is a bunch of extra steps that weren't part of the proces...

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi meggo,

What operating system are you using?  Windows or Mac?

What application are you printing from?

In the application, if you click on File and then Print (or Print Preview), does the previewed image appear the correct size?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our Technical Support Team:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick- 

I'm using a mac. I printed from google drive, but then also from a PDF. It did the same thing from both. The print preview says that it is the correct size, that there is one page per sheet, and that it is fit to page. It's really just some miscommunication somewhere, but I don't know how to fix it.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi meggo,

What application are you printing from?  When you open your PDF or your item from Google Drive, is it opening with Google Chrome?

Have you tried printing your PDF using Adobe Acrobat Reader?

https://get.adobe.com/reader/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi meggo,

Did you try printing the PDF using Adobe Acrobat Reader?

Hi Patrick- I didn't get a chance to try out adobe, but it printed fine from another computer, so I think it has to be either my computer or the adapter. thanks for your help.

Did you get this resolved? The same thing happens to me and I can't figure it out. 

Announcements