cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX472 Printer Misalignment

Stephen1
Apprentice

I have tried the automatic and the manual alignment procedures, repeatedly! Nothing works to align this machine. Tried the cleaning features too. What now?

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi Stephen1.

If the standard alignment options aren't affecting the misalignment, try gently cleaning the timing strip with dry cotton swabs.  If the strip is heavily stained/smudged, lightly moisten one of the swabs and go over the timing strip, then follow up with dry swabs to dry it off.

If printing doesn't improve, then the MX472 will need to be replaced.  If you're located outside of the U.S., you may find your local branch of Canon for further options using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

If you're located inside the U.S., I can offer the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program provides a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.

If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002. You will need to have the printer's serial number for this call; the serial number may be found on the back of or inside the front of the printer. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

Thanks for the reply but this printer is unreliable, and I shouldn’t have to do all of the maintenance repair work you described for a printer, so I have already purchased a replacement Hewlett-Packard printer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements