cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX310 SCANNER not found on Windows 10

cam0805
Apprentice

MX310 printer/scanner worked fine but now with latest update to Windows 10, the printer still works fine but Windows 10 does not see the scanner at all, so cannot scan. How can I get Windows 10 to see the printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cam0805,

The PIXMA MX310 is not supported with Windows 10, as Windows 10 drivers and software are not available.

That being said, the Windows 7 drivers should work with Windows 10.

First, please determien which version of Windows 10 you are using, the 32 bit or 64 bit:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13443/windows-which-version-am-i-running

Once you have determined that, please disconnect the USB cable from your PIXMA MX310 and follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on the keyboard and the letter R, then let bot go.

2.  In the Run window, type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the "Canon MX310 series" and left click on Remove Device.

5.  Repeat until all "Canon MX310 series" are removed from this window.

6.  Once removed, click on Control Panel in the upper left hand corner (or the Back button).

7.  Back in Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program.

8.  Once the populates, click on "Canon MX310 series MP Drivers" once and then click on Uninstall at the top.

Follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall the driver.

When the drivers are uninstalled and the "Canon MX310 series MP Drivers" is gone from that list, close all windows.

The next step would be to reinstall:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type PIXMA MX310 in the "enter a model name" box and click GO.

3.  Click on Drivers & Downloads.

4.  In the Operating System box, please choose "Windows 7" or "Windows 7 (x64)" from the drop down box.  To determine which one to select, if your version of Windows 10 is 32 bit, choose "Windows 7".  If your version is 64 bit, choose "Windows 7 (x64)".

5.  Click the Select button next to "MX310 series MP Driver".

6.  Click the Download button.

7.  If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.

8.  Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.

9.  Double click [mx310swin101ej.exe] or [mx310swin64101ej.exe] to begin the installation.

Follow the on-screen prompts to reinstall the driver, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted by the installation.

Once reinstalled, please attempt to scan using the MP Navigator.

If you do not have the MP Navigator installed, it is available for download from the "Software" tab on the PIXMA MX310's page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cam0805,

The PIXMA MX310 is not supported with Windows 10, as Windows 10 drivers and software are not available.

That being said, the Windows 7 drivers should work with Windows 10.

First, please determien which version of Windows 10 you are using, the 32 bit or 64 bit:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13443/windows-which-version-am-i-running

Once you have determined that, please disconnect the USB cable from your PIXMA MX310 and follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on the keyboard and the letter R, then let bot go.

2.  In the Run window, type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4.  Right click the "Canon MX310 series" and left click on Remove Device.

5.  Repeat until all "Canon MX310 series" are removed from this window.

6.  Once removed, click on Control Panel in the upper left hand corner (or the Back button).

7.  Back in Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program.

8.  Once the populates, click on "Canon MX310 series MP Drivers" once and then click on Uninstall at the top.

Follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall the driver.

When the drivers are uninstalled and the "Canon MX310 series MP Drivers" is gone from that list, close all windows.

The next step would be to reinstall:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type PIXMA MX310 in the "enter a model name" box and click GO.

3.  Click on Drivers & Downloads.

4.  In the Operating System box, please choose "Windows 7" or "Windows 7 (x64)" from the drop down box.  To determine which one to select, if your version of Windows 10 is 32 bit, choose "Windows 7".  If your version is 64 bit, choose "Windows 7 (x64)".

5.  Click the Select button next to "MX310 series MP Driver".

6.  Click the Download button.

7.  If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.

8.  Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.

9.  Double click [mx310swin101ej.exe] or [mx310swin64101ej.exe] to begin the installation.

Follow the on-screen prompts to reinstall the driver, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted by the installation.

Once reinstalled, please attempt to scan using the MP Navigator.

If you do not have the MP Navigator installed, it is available for download from the "Software" tab on the PIXMA MX310's page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Pris2
Apprentice

This post worked Great!!!!  It was very helpful in reconnecting my Cannon printer scanner back to the drivers. I followed the instructions exactly to the letter.  And I am not computer savvy.  I'm use to calling my Son and waiting to see when he can come by.  But with the help of this Post, I am now able to scan previews again on my Cannon MX310 series that I did myself.  I guess when Windows 10 updates it doesn't always update old printers from Windows 7 or 8 or Vista.  I'm glad there was something I could do to get it to work, besides buying a whole new printer to works with Windows 10.  Thank you again Patrick for your post.Smiley Very Happy

jsnoddy42
Apprentice

Post was help, succinctly worded and the step by step instructions were easy to execute. Was able to scan my documents/the various scanner apps on my laptop can now work with this printer. Thanks Patrick.

Announcements