cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX Pixma 512 missing IJ Scan Utility running Windows 10

jagerman
Apprentice

The MX Pixma 512 can print from my Windows 10 computer however it does not install the IJ Scan Utility - the software that allows me to scan a document from a Windows 10 computer.  The reason is because the MX 512 and a few series there after do NOT use the IJ Scan Utility;  rather in Windows 10 it REQUIRES a seperate download of the MP Navigator.  THIS IS NOT mentioned AT ALL on the Canon support web site and most Canon techs do not know this.   The MP Navigator link is here   https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/myportal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx...

After hours of looking on the web and calling Canon tech support I was able to get to Charles, a 2nd tech in New Mexico and obtained the following.  THANK YOU

After downloading and installing the MX510 series MP Driver Ver. 1.03 (Windows) under the driver section you need to select the SOFTWARE tab, scroll down and install the MP Navigator EX Ver. 5.1.1 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP).  This will provide the Windows 10 user the ability to scan to from their older Pixma MX printers.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements