cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 920 printer is slow!!!

benc2020
Apprentice

I just bought a MX920. Everytime i wanna print something, I have to wait for the machine to startup, literally a minute. Sounds like it's cleaning the cartridge. Every time? and it takes a long time. Is that a way i can disable that?

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi benc2020,

Our printers have a print head cleaning function that is performed automatically.  Each time you turn off and then back on the printer, the print head nozzles will be cleaned during printer initialization to ensure the inkjet nozzles are not clogged and are dispensing the ink correctly.  There is not a way to disable or prevent the print head cleaning processes from performing; the printer will do these automatically as needed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This makes a lot of sense on my new MG6320. Wired via a MAC wired keyboard to wired hub to printer. The disc printing feature is faster compared to normal paper/photo printing. Scanning is faster compared to an old Kodak printer/scanner. MG630 is also faster compared to my friends Windows to HP/Brother printers. Thanks Ramona for the good info.

On my previous cannon there was a quiet fast print option, the mx920 doesn't provide that luxury?

Other printers do not take so long to print.

Announcements