cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP495 - dreaded 5B00 / P07 error.

dfc99
Apprentice

I have the 5B00 error. I know it means the ink absorber is full. Since the machine 8 years old I want to take it apart to see if removing and cleaning the ink absorber will at least let me use the printer until the ink cartridges run out. See, I only installed $50 worth of ink a week ago and don't want to end up throwing away that $50.

But before I can do any of the above I have to clear the error code because the ink cartridges won't return to the center position with the MP495 in an error state. What is a reliable way to clear the error code? Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dfc99,

Since you cleared the error, I would try making a copy directly from the printer first. If it can print a copy and the error does not come back up, I recommend reinstalling the drivers.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

I tried all that but nothing worked. I threw out the MP495 and bought a new TS5120. Thanks for all your replies.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dfc99,

Please unplug the power to your PIXMA MP495 for 24 hours.  If the error returns, your PIXMA MP495 would require service.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I unplugged the MP495 for 24 hours as you said. I took the MP495 apart, cleaned the ink absorber pads, and plugged it back in. The P07 error came back and I cleared it. When I tried printing the printer showed as not being connected. Should I try re-installing the M495 printer drivers?

Thanks for your quick reply to my inquiry.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dfc99,

Since you cleared the error, I would try making a copy directly from the printer first. If it can print a copy and the error does not come back up, I recommend reinstalling the drivers.

I tried all that but nothing worked. I threw out the MP495 and bought a new TS5120. Thanks for all your replies.

I have this same error on the Pixma MP495 and have cleaned the absorber pads. How do I get it to reset?  I found some instructions for other models but it doesnt work for this printer.  Any help on resetting the counters for the absorbent pads on the PIXMA MP495 would be most apreciated. 

Throw out the MP495. You can get a new printer for less than $100 depending on your needs.

I have the same problem with my MP495 which I was happy with until now!  The ink absorbers have been cleaned but how do I reset the ink absorber counter.  Nothing I've tried so far works! I just bought new ink too!  Were you able to resolve the problem and if so, how?  Thanks!

Announcements