Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Nav EX 4.03 now showing "Scan failed"

jldavenport
Apprentice

Printer: Pixma MG5220

MP Navigator EX v4.03

A few weeks ago, I was happily performing scans using MP Navigator EX over the wifi network from my MG5220.  Today, when I request it to scan it returns the uber helpful error message: "Scan failed".

Has anyone else run into this issue?  Is there a way to understand what the problem is a little better than "Scan failed"?  Did a Windows 10 update break MP Navigator EX v4.03?

Thanks for any information or suggestions

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello.

It appears that there may have been an issue with the driver installation.  Close the program and restart the computer.  When the computer restarts, uninstall the MG5200 series MP Drivers, Canon IJ Network Tool and MP Navigator from the computer.

When these programs have been removed, reinstall the MG5200 series MP Drivers [mp68-win-mg5200-1_05-ejs.exe].  If the setup completes and detects the printer on the network without errors, reinstall the MP Navigator [mpnx_4_0-win-4_03-ea23_2.exe] and then try scanning again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jldavenport
Apprentice
Tap tap tap... (on the microphone) Is this thing on? 😉

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

jldavenport,

To resovle this, please uninstall the driver and the MP Navigator and then reinstall.

To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on the keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  Click on View devices and printers.

4.  Right click the Canon MG5220 series printer and left click on Remove device.

5.  Repeat until all MG5220's are removed.

6.  Click on Control Panel in the upper left corner (or the Back button).

7.  Click on Uninstall a program.

8.  Click once on Canon MG5200 series MP Drivers and click Uninstall at the top.  Follow the prompts to uninstall.

9.  Click once on the Canon MP Navigator EX and click Uninstall at the top.  Follow the prompts to uninstall.

Once both are uninstalled, please reboot your computer.

When the computer restarts, please visit the Suport page for your PIXMA MG5220 to download and install the Canon MG5200 series MP Drivers.  Once those are installed, please print a test page to make sure the installation was successful.

When completed, please download and install the MP Navigator EX.  Once complete, please attempt to scan.

To access the downloads for your PIXMA MG5220, you can use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg...

* Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the response.  I've followed the instructions but got the following error when I attempted to start the MP Navigator.  My printer (MG5220) is connected to my PC wirelessly through the LAN.  The driver is installed and I was able to print.  Any suggestions?

NavigatorError.JPG

Hello.

It appears that there may have been an issue with the driver installation.  Close the program and restart the computer.  When the computer restarts, uninstall the MG5200 series MP Drivers, Canon IJ Network Tool and MP Navigator from the computer.

When these programs have been removed, reinstall the MG5200 series MP Drivers [mp68-win-mg5200-1_05-ejs.exe].  If the setup completes and detects the printer on the network without errors, reinstall the MP Navigator [mpnx_4_0-win-4_03-ea23_2.exe] and then try scanning again.

Thank you, Patrick and Michael.  Your advice got me going again.  It is much appreciated!!

Announcements