cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP 190

coastk9
Apprentice

Ok folks...help...Pixma 190 all in one printer/scanner/copier.   Windows 7 operating system.   There doesn't appear to be any one out there with drivers that will work on Windows 7.  In fact, here's the CANON website's auto reply when I typed in the requested:  There is no recommended download for the OS version you selected.  

I've searched, googled, pleaded...is there any fix for this?  Yes, I've tried the original disc, then I've tried the links that say they have the MP Navigator drivers for Windows 7.  Then I've tried deleting subfolders recommended by Microsoft, recommended by Canon, and recommended by my cat.   (just seeing if you're still there). 

The printer works. The copier works.  But (read this like you're whining, cause I am...) the scanner is hopeless without the Navigator drivers, which when I reload all drivers, comes back on Windows 7 saying that there's no driver for that software loaded.   It then tells me to go find it.   I tell it something lude in return.

Anyone have anything I can upgrade to?  
PS...lets not make this a forum for snide comments...feel free to reply with a snide comment only if you do have a fix.

Thanks to all.   Happy New Year!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Thanks Mr. Hoffman...from Presque Isle here...though based across the world in WA. state. Ha.

Sorry to say that I have those UK drivers loaded on board presently, but still not the solution.   I also tried the Singapore drivers link to no avail.   Is it time to switch from this reliable Canon to the new Epson workforce all in one's?    If only I could get hold of the MP Navigator that would work with Windows  7...CANON HELP!!!???

Give the Canon support line a call then. I have always found them very helpful.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for your help John.  I shall call them.  On line it says that they no longer support this product...but maybe if I throw myself to the phone rep's mercy..

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements