cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG8220 driver not available for Windows 11

RobbieC
Apprentice

I moved from Windows 10 to Windows 11 yesterday. I want to print from my MG8220. Settings>Printers&Scanners show the printer but says that the driver is unavailable. When I try to download the driver for Win11 on the Canon website, it doesn't appear to exist. When I try to use or download the driver from Win10, it (unsurprisingly) doesn't work. Is this old printer no longer supported? Is there a way to still use it?

3 REPLIES 3

bitmapbrown
Apprentice

A few months ago I also went to Win11.  It seems that a wireless driver doesn't exist, but I have been printing via USB connection just fine.

BobD301
Apprentice

Had the same problem on new PC 12/12/22, solved by going to Bluetooth & Devices / Printers & Scanners and select "ADD DEVICE". Next go to Windows Update and select "Check for Updates followed by Advanced Options. You should see that Microsoft added a driver so download and install.

Unfortunately Canon no longer supports with additional software but core functionality such as ink levels and maintenance can be accessed thru the Microsoft driver.

Also you may need to update printer's firmware, I did prior using my older PC running Windows 10 and USB connected.

/ r  

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The XPS driver available for Windows 10 might also work.  If so, you will also get 16 bit printing support.  So it is worth trying.

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwMzY3NTAy&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements