cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7720 Printing lines of wavy , broken and/or bold text

JessKess
Apprentice

Suddenly, our printer is printing several lines of wavy, broken, and often bold text on an otherwise normal looking page. The last thing we used the printer for was to print addresses on envelopes. I've run all the head alignment tests (manual and auto) but I honestly don't understand what I'm looking at, regarding the tet sheets. Ha ha! SO do I need a new printer for Xmas? Help! Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, JessKess!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Ramona
Authority

Hi JessKess,

To try and resolve the issue, please remove and reseat the ink tanks and print head in the unit by following the steps shown here, then perform a print head alignment by following the steps shown here.  Detailed information regarding performing the print head alignment can be viewed at the link.  If the issue continues, you can try cleaning the encoder film of the printer by following the steps shown here to see if this helps. 

Should you still experience difficulty after performing the above recommendations, the printer may require servicing; we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements