cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7520 will not stay on

Englishguy24601
Apprentice

My cannon MG7520 printer will turn on and start to go through its normal routine, but then unexpectedly turns off. The power cord has been checked, unplugged and replugged. Same result. Looking for other solutions if there are any.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

94 REPLIES 94

Similar issue. Downloaded the printer update as instructed and tried to run the update but get error message "The printer status is incorrect. Turn on printer again, and then restart the utility". Repeated attempts result in same message

Edit: Using Mac OS. As per earlier instruct, had to turn off the router, hard cable the printer to upload the Firmware, then delete (-) the printer from Settings and then add (+) it again (IJ Network).

Everything works except I now notice there is no B&W option in printing details. When researching, I find "the B&W option appears if supported by printer" which it was prior to loading the firmware update.

I don't want to assume this is Canon's way off insuring more expensive ink is used but if anyone has a fix...

I will check it out — but am dubious since printer will not power all the way up and then remain on. How will I install ?  
We’ll see how it goes. 

Finally "fixed itself" with a power cycle. Thank goodness!

GOWOKEGOBROKE
Contributor

I am SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO not downloading any firmware from Canon

Canon Maxify MB2320

Printer started power cycling when Canon screwed everyone else this past weekend.  I took the DNS "Fix" and instead of doing all of the steps I only....

1. Unplugged the printer
  2. Unplugged the modem ethernet from the router (You could also turn off router)
  3. Plugged in the printer, it turned on by itself, cycled and finally brought me to the menu without shutting off
  4. Plugged the modem ethernet back into the router
  5. Test printed from the PC, worked
  6. Test print from mobile, worked
  7. So far, so good

Printer bought in 02.2015 and have never installed a firmware update and whatever Canon did this weekend, it still affected mine

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements