cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7520 Printing Multiple Copies

sjgaunt
Apprentice

I'm having this odd issue where my brand new MG7520 is printing multiple copies of a document, despite my only requesting one copy.  It doesn't always seemt to do it, printing from Adobe Reader is fine, I get just one copy, but printing a webpage will just result in many copies of the same thing until I cancel the job.  Seems very odd, any idea why this might be happening.  Appreciate any insight anyone might have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Essentially the printer is a passive device and it really only does what it is told to do. Probably a wonky network issue, but could also be settings you inadvertantly changed (like how many copies you want printed).

Do you have a USB cable? You can try to install it via USB then print to see whether it's the computer sending weird commands or if it's the network.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

merrymary247
Rising Star
Are you using it with Windows or Mac? USB or wireless?

Windows over wireless

Essentially the printer is a passive device and it really only does what it is told to do. Probably a wonky network issue, but could also be settings you inadvertantly changed (like how many copies you want printed).

Do you have a USB cable? You can try to install it via USB then print to see whether it's the computer sending weird commands or if it's the network.

Thanks, honestly, I think that was my problem, I'd tried to just add the printer without doing the proper installation. It was sort of working, but doing it properly, ie. using the USB cable, then installing the software, doing the network installation, etc...seems to have fixed the issues. Thanks for the help!
Announcements