cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7120 Printer not responding

Dan_in_St_Louis
Contributor

Canon MG7120 Print/Scan/Fax, Windows 7/64 all updates

Wired network 192.168.1.137, 255.255.255.000, IPv4 only, port CNBJNP_D8492F1F71BF

Canon installation program “win-mg7100-1_1-ucd.exe”

Worked fine for several months. Now displays error message in lower right corner of Windows screen “Printer not responding.” Sometimes error code 5,157,69.

Completely removed all Canon programs, deleted left-over files, re-booted computer, re-installed from fresh copy of Canon installation program. It printed a test page, and then reverted to “Printer not responding.”

Read several suggested fixes on line. One owner said clean the transparent film strip (timing strip?). Did so, and it printed once before reverting to “Printer not responding.”

One person said disable IPv6. Did so, no change. One said disable Wired LAN DRX. Did so, no change.

Canon IJ Network Tool said “A port is not installed. Install a port.”

Moved to another Win7/64 computer. Same installation program, same network setup, same behavior.

What can I do to get this printer to behave? Thank you.

Dan_in_St_Louis
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael, thank you for your reply.

I am going to decline your offer of telephone support. They would have nothing to say beyond what we have already tried.

Instead I used Windows Restore to roll my system back a few weeks, and it appears that this also restored the earlier drivers for the printer. The DLL files are dated in 2013.

There is no more point in trying the newer drivers, since I had no issues with the the earlier ones.

Dan_in_St_Louis

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Michael, thank you for your reply.

I am going to decline your offer of telephone support. They would have nothing to say beyond what we have already tried.

Instead I used Windows Restore to roll my system back a few weeks, and it appears that this also restored the earlier drivers for the printer. The DLL files are dated in 2013.

There is no more point in trying the newer drivers, since I had no issues with the the earlier ones.

Dan_in_St_Louis
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements