cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6620 Alignment issue

Momtrepreneur
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG6620 printer that I've purchased 2 times thinking that this issue was just the first printer.  My issue is that I have very specific templates that contain cutouts after print, and I need to print correctly.  The printer frequently prints completely off alignment.  I can print the same document, same paper, no changes, 3 or 4 seperate times and get a different printed document each time.  I also can't print multiple pages (telling the printer to print say, 3 pages) or I will get the same issue.  See image below with the grey lines as the correct position and the colored circles being the same exact print of the same exact document, same exact piece of paper yet not aligned. 

print issue.png

As you can see, the alignment prints differently each time.  I'm printing matte, standard quality A4 size paper. My paper is expensive and only available online so this issue is costing me a lot of wasted paper and has also cost me a $300 order refund because I couldn't get the print to align. 

I've tried the following:
cleaned heads (incl. deep cleaning)
cleaned timing strip

cleaned the roller

cleaned the bottom tray
aligned heads automatically and manually several times

downloaded and installed new driver

downloaded latest firmware

bought all new cartridges

printed from different programs in different formats

printing with different paper types

I also saw somewhere to do the following which sometimes actually works:

defrag computer
empty temp folders

empty trash

I use Windows Vista and the printer is on a home network. The printing issues occur whether using the network or from a PC connected cable.  Is this printer not capable of handling a few hundred prints each month?  Is it not expected to last longer than a year?  Servicing this printer will cost more than the actual printer itself so if there is not a solution am I going to have to purchase a higher capactiy printer?

Thank you in advance for any help!  I'm completely frustrated at this point. Smiley Frustrated

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Since the issue has occurred with two different printers, the issue would most likely be related to the documents or program that you are currently using.

Try printing from an entirely different program to narrow down the cause of the issue.

If this sort of alingment issue does not occur with normal documents, you may have to look into what Page Setup adjustments can be made with your templates to correct this.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

As you can see in my list of things already tried in the original message, I've tried printed from different programs in different formats and I get the same results. It prints wherever it likes on the paper. I'm guessing that this printer is not meant for business use or frequent use so I'm just going to buy another brand of printer. I like how Canon prints, (when it prints correctly that is), but I can't waste anymore time or money so I'll have to try another brand.

I'm pretty bummed about having to do so.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements