cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6320 Printing works in seconds but scanning does not work at all

swawesome
Apprentice

To start, today I updated all of my drivers so I do not think this is the problem. Ever since I have had this printer (MG6320) to work with my Macbook Pro, I have been unable to scan anything outside of using the local USB option. I turn on my printer, connect to wifi, open up the IJ Network Scanner, choose my printer and select ok. Everything seems to be fine, my system preferences says the scanner is online and idle, but when I go to search for my computer on the printer panel I cannot find my Mac. I have tried restarting everything, router, macbook, printer, and I get the same option: Local USB and when I go back to my computer to open the scanner, it says it is not connected. I cannot seem to grasp what is going on especially when my printer has the audacity to print 5 pages in a few seconds and then right after inform me there is no connection to use the scanner. 

Currently I am looking at the Scanner utility on my MAC and I can actually see the page I want to scan from the printer, but the scan button is grayed out as well as "details" and the save path

Does anybody have any advice to offer or know what the problem might be for scanning a document to my store in my computer?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi swawesome,

Scanning with your PIXMA MG6320 can be performed by using the IJ Scan Utility.  This utility can be found in the Canon Utilities folder in "Applications" on your Macbook. 

If you are unable to locate this program, it is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements