cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5765 seriously flawed

BillHely
Apprentice

After a couple of years of pretty much trouble-free printing from my MG6250, I recently had to dispose of it, and chose a MG5765 (Serial number: KKCB00749) as a replacement.

Having used Canon printers exclusively for quite a number of years, I have to say this is the most disappointing printer purchase I've made since the dot-matrix days.

While print quality is fine, there are two main problems which cause a lot of frustration and time wasting:

1. The lesser evil is that the paper output tray extension is ridiculously short and paper is almost always ejected onto the floor unless the operator stands by to receive it. It is, quite frankly, a ridiculous design shortcoming.

2. But the biggest problem and the biggest time waster is that it is impossible to print more than a few pages without receiving a paper-out warning, although the paper cassette contains paper that is properly positioned and squared up. It is simply not possible to send a print job to the printer and then get on with something else, because the job will halt with a paper-out warning every few pages. It is obvious that this is a firmware problem, because simply pressing the OK button restarts the print again, without any adjustment to the paper tray.

I await your advice before returning this printer and exchanging it for a different brand.

3 REPLIES 3

BillHely
Apprentice
Do Canon support staff hang out here or is it all just user-to-user?

Hi BillHely!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Oh well, tough luck for me!

I came to this forum because as far as I can determine there is no support forum for Canon Australia, and the company appears to have gone out of its way to make simple direct email contact as difficult as possible. Impossible actually, as they will not publish a support email address.

I have tried many times to contact them via their online Contact form, but on Submit the page just refreshes, the form is not sent, and no information is provided as to why. I have tried using two different browsers – Google Chrome and Opera - and many variations of the requested information. It is very poor practice indeed for a form not to indicate the reasons for a problem.

After 30 years in various aspects of the IT business I know how useless and drawn-out phone support is for anything but the most trivial. To receive informed advice one needs to lay out the problem in detail, and that can only be done in writing.

After owning more Canon printers than I could count I have just about had it with Canon Australia. Clearly the customers of Canon USA are much better served. A pity I can't get some action here.

Announcements