cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5500 - 'set the pc to start scanning'

Rhondalee
Apprentice

Hi,

My MG5500 has been working well for a couple of months. Now, when I try to scan on the platen I get the above mesage.

I am not sure how to set the compter to do this as I didn't have to do it initially.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

CanEVA
Apprentice

Does anyone know how to get the scanner to scan to the computer??? can't see any answer just lots of questions

msktjohnston
Apprentice

I have this problem over and over. Even after going through the very time consuming process of redownloading the drivers and software and set up process while trying to complete my work that is very time sensitive. Very frustrating! This printer is costing me time and possibly my reputation at my job.

Hi Msktjohnston!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Announcements