cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5320 - Stopped printing

laineys
Apprentice

I was in the midst of printing out copied pages when it stopped printing.  Very strange.  The printer acts like it is printing, but there is nothing showing up on the paper being printed on.  The preview option does show the page's details, but nothing is actually being printed on paper.  I successfully scanned in the document (using B&W option) and saved it as a PDF file on my laptop.  When I print from this PDF file, again, the printer sounds like it is printing but nothing is showing up on the paper being printed on and placed in the tray.

Per another forum item, I noticed that my ON button was not being illuminated.  So, I followed the suggestion of unplugging from the wall outlet, wait 10+ mins, plugged back in.  The ON button is still not illuminated, yet the printer powers up normally.  I printed the PDF file again.  Still nothing - just a "printed" blank page.

I am NOT using wireless - going straight from my laptop via USB port connection.  I repeated this exercise after doing a normal head cleaning operation (not deep cleaning).  Any suggestions????

4 REPLIES 4

Crista
Whiz

Hi laineys!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you have. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

My laptop is Windows 7 Home Premium - the last automatic update performed was on 17 March 2014.

I found another forum topic that matched exactly what I am experiencing - the print function is DOA while all the other functions work perfectly.  As this is a 3+ yo unit, having this unit repaired is cost prohibitive.  I really liked the print and scan quality (the only 2 features I ever used).

Ramona
Authority

Hi laineys,

When an ink does not print, we recommend performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer.  If the ink still does not print, performing a print head alignment on the printer may resolve the issue.  To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below:

PIXMA MG5320 Print Head Alignment

If the ink still does not print, the printer will require servicing.  Please Contact Us for your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I performed all 3 cleanings and head alignment tasks.  Still does not print.  As this unit is 3+ years old, is the cost of having it repaired less than the cost of replacing with a comparable unit?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements