cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5200 not scanning to Win8.1 PC

seedy
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a Canon MG5200 series (5250 / EU / GB) printer which will not 'Scan to PC' - a Win8.1 laptop. I have disabled the Win8.1 systems' Comodo firewall (and Anti Virus software) and the Windows firewall is permanently deactivated but still the laptop is not seen in the printers display, only the option to scan to a local USB or a second system, a WinXP laptop.

The WinXP system is correctly displayed on the printer's screen, the Canon MP Navigator EX software on the WinXP system displays the scanned image successfully and all works well with that system.

I have tried to install MP Navigator EX on the Win8.1 system but when run, it displays an error displaying a list of 8 printers it supports, none of which are my specific model, the MG5250, but the MG5200 (series presumably?) IS displayed, so I am assuming my printer is or should be supported.

The Canon IJ Network Scan Utility is installed on both systems.

I have also installed the MG5200 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.56 (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64) and the MG5200 series MP Driver Ver. 1.05 (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)

from this page: http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MG_seri...

Can anyone please offer any advice on what might need to be adjusted to enable scanning from the printer to the Win8.1 system?

Thank you in advance.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements