cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 double printing issue

nct753
Contributor

When I print the Windows Printer Test Page, one of the lines is actually printed twice on top of each other, slightly offset.  This happens when I print other documents too, but only for certain lines of text, not the whole document.

Most barcodes are also "blurry" when printed, and I think it is doing the same thing; double printing the barcode on top of each other.

I downloaded and reinstalled the printer driver, and it did not fix the issue.  The first photo is of the "print test page" during the installation process that I scanned. The second one is the "Windows print test page" also scanned.

Is there a fix for this?

MG3620_error-2_20230407_0001.jpg

MG3620_error_20230407_0001.jpg 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please check your encoder strip.

Canon Knowledge Base - Cleaning the Encoder Film - MG3620

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your response!
The Encoder Film is clear with no smudges or dirty spots, but the "rail" seems to have some "distortion" at the top edge toward the right side, and about 3" long.  It is not uniform in height and "smooth" like the rest of the rail ? ? ?MG3620_Rail-2.jpgMG3620_Rail.jpg

I replaced the black ink cartridge, and the issue went away. Somehow the cartridge was causing the issue, and it wasn't a clogged head since it was printing, but printing fuzzy characters and barcodes, and even wavy vertical straight lines.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements