cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 Drivers won't download, cannot scan

kelseysparrow
Contributor

Hello. 

My MG3620 has remained my possession with the single highest use-to-issue ratio. The number of times I have needed to use it is almost exact to the number of times I have had to come to this board for help in order to successfully do so. Always impressive.  

So, I had to delete the drivers and printer from my macbook for the 287th time in order to "reset it" and get it to print again. But this time, though it is finally printing again (for now), it will not scan. I have tried about 13 times this morning, adding to my total of about 78 times this week in desperate avoidance of tediously posting to this board again, but every time I try to download the drivers, the downloader finishes out Step 3 and then a message pops up that states,

"Installation Failure, Installation failed. Click [Back to Top], and restart the setiup."

Of course, I have tried this the number of times stated above. The customer support telephone line continues to hang up on me no matter what I say before I can reach a person, as I have come to suspect is it's sole purpose. 

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi kelseysparrow,

To call support to speak with a Support Representative, please create a My Canon account:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com/signin

once your account is created, you may call in by dialing 800-652-2666.

In regards to the scanning issue that you are experiencing, we would need a little more information:

What version of OSX is installed on your Mac?

Are you using your PIXMA MG3620 wirelessly?

or with a USB cable?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements