cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3520 will not print PDFs through app

DarwinIsMyHomey
Apprentice

Hello. 

I amusing a PIXMA MG3520 printer and any attempt to print a PDF through the PRINT app results in an undefined error...

"Canceled the process because an error occurred."

This message is preceded by the typical Data Conversion Service message.

I was able to print through Google Cloud Print, but I won't be able to use that option soon with the imminent shutdown of the service.

Any ideas what could be causing this? 

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

,PDF appications are not universal or created equally.  Adobe is the industry standard.

Did you create these documents or were then created by someone else?  What application? 

Does the error happen with every .PDF document, or just one?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

This has recently happened with multiple PDFs from very different sources.  I haven't had these problems in the past, but it can be months between using the printer, so I can't say exactly when it started. 

The most recent was some print-at-home tickets for a hockey game. 

Hello.

Try performing a PDF scan with the app.  Then print the scanned PDF file.  Does the same error occur?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry for the late response. I was away on business.

I did as you suggested and was able to print the PDF that was created from the scan. 

I continue to be unable to print other PDFs, no matter how I initiate the printing process

Announcements