cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3122 Printer cannot be detected with USB cable connected on a Win11 Laptop

Hughhh_
Apprentice

I bought a used MG3122 printer and wanted to connect it with my Laptop. My OS is windows 11 and I'm following instructions under this link: http://downloads.canon.com/wireless/setup_MG3120_Win.pdf

I tried to follow the "wireless setup using the USB Cable" option and install the software. However, the printer could not be detected (procedure shown on slide page 9) and I could not proceed. I am sure that the device can be detected in terms of the hardware since every time I plug it in there's a sound indicating hardware detected, it just cannot be detected by the installation software.

Could someone please help me with this problem? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

dexman335
Rising Star

Disclaimer: I don't own a PIXMA MG3120.

On Canon's support page for the PIXMA MG3120, there is a dropdown that allows you to select the appropriate drivers for your computer. I do see an option for Windows 11. If it hasn't been tried yet, download the drivers from there and see if that makes a difference. 🙂

Thank you!

I did see these drivers options, but I think these are some optional apps that allow one to manage the album or something else. But I will try them later to see if it helps connect to the printer. Thank you so much!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you go to the Canon support site for the printer and select the Windows 10 OS there is a printer driver.

There is no printer driver listed on the W11 page, so the printer may not be compatible with W11.

You could download and install the W10 driver and see if that will work.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Screenshot_20220905-125255_Samsung Internet.jpg

Isn't this the W11 driver? 🤔

Announcements