cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 7120 won't print with low PGBK. Won't it still print only using black? How?

mmorris
Apprentice

I bought this printer because  I read it could print using the black well only; you didn't have to replace other cartridges if you wanted only greyscale. But I can't get it to print at all using google cloud print. It shows it's online and print jobs are in queue; it shows an exclamation point on the PGBK ink well.

How can I remedy this problem? I see no setting that I can adjust for black printing only.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi mmorris,

When printing via Google Cloud print, the printer will print the black on the page using a combination of the color ink tanks in the unit; there is not a way to print using only the PGBK black ink tank.  

If you are receiving low or out of ink warnings for some of the color ink tanks in the printer, you can disable the ink level detection function of the printer by pressing and holding the Stop/Reset or Resume/Cancel button on the printer for at least 7 seconds, then releasing it.  You will need to do this procedure for each ink tank that is low or out of ink.  Once the ink tanks are replaced with Canon genuine ink tanks, the ink level detection function of the printer will be re-enabled.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the reply; I'll try this fix!

Announcements