cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 5650 not scanning to pc

Toomicek
Apprentice

Hello comunity,

I have new Canon Pixma MG 5650, but after new firmware it stops scanning to PC via USB. It copy everything so hardware is good, but when i want to scan something into my PC it shows.,please wait.,and than nothing it just return to menu where I choose documents-photo-auto 😞

Scanner dont even turn around :(((

Please help, cannot see any option to test scanner 😞

THX

Tom

10 REPLIES 10

Raymondmcelroy
Apprentice

Printer and copier ok Scanner not scanning

Anybody got a solution or are we just listing a problem

canoncan
Apprentice
I bought my mg5650 a couple of days ago and seems every thing is working fine, but scanning to the computer, I am having the same trouble, I have disabled the LAN because I thought that this might be the problem. Can someone help with this ?

canoncan
Apprentice

Been having a tinker with the scanner and ....... it worked, I scanned a document to my pc and here`s how ........

Put the document to be scanned to you PC on the platen and close the lid

From the home screen on printer,

1. Select  `COPY`

2. Select   `PREVIEW` .. the first button of 3 under screen.... the scanner will start scanning, and then when it`s finished

3. Select  `HOME``  ... the button next to the power switch

4. Select `SCAN`

5. Select `Save/Forward`  ... the first button of 3 under screen.

On the printer screen you should see `Forward scanned data to a PC

6. Select  OK button

Highlighted on the screen will be ` Local (USB)`

7. Select  OK button

Highlighted on the screen will be `Doc Type -Auto scan`

8. Select either the `COLOUR` button ( If you want a colour scan ) or  `BLACK` button ( If you want a black scan ) 

It should now be scanning your document and then transfering the image to your computer.

Seems a bit long winded I know, if someone has a better way please let us know.

Hope this Helps. 

But where does the scan go?  I ca't find it on the PC!!

In my particular case it opens in a programme called .... `Canon      my garden image`..... This is probably the default programme that is built in with the mg5650.....It loads up about 30 seconds after printer has scanned the item to the pc. I can then drag and drop my scanned items into my folders.

OK...so where does the bloody image go?!!!

Hi SunriseBoy,

In order to properly assist you, I will just need to know what operating system you are running and also what program you are scanning from?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

magicnettle
Apprentice

Hi!

I own a MG5650 and I had this problem too, but then I found a solution.

All I did was run the CD-ROM that came with the printer, then pressed CHANGE METHOD.

I had ticked the box where it said connect with LAN etc. from before, but then I changed it to connect with USB, the lower one. 

I then did the normal settings on the printer when you start to scan (from the home screen ya know), and it worked!

I hope this helped somehow, like it did for me. 🙂

Best of luck!

magicnettle

Try going on to the canon support site search for mg5650, click on the downloads and bascially download and execute  all the software and driver updates. Takes about 20 mins and a bit of patience.

Follow all the on screen prompts and then you will see your pc listed correctly on the printer. (not just usb)

Then try scan as per normal and it works...well it did for me.

Announcements