cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 5520 scanner trouble

Telephone_dr
Apprentice

I have been using a Pixma MG5520 for years with no troubles. In fact, she has printed on my printer across the network many times. I bought a PIXMA TR 8620a to replace the wife's old HP3700 series. After installing the printer on her PC (still Win 7/x86), My MG5520 stopped scanning to my PC (Win7/x86). Hers is connected by USB, as is my MG5520. Both are on the same network (ATT Uverse). I enabled printing on the network, and I installed the driver for her Tr8620a on my PC so I could print across the network.

The scanner runs in local mode, but fails to complete, with Code 2 157 50 error message, using  scangear . What happened? I reinstalled driver on my PC with no change. I can select either printer scanner from her PC, but I can only see mine from mine. NO other changes have occurred on either PC or network except for installing her printer.

What are my options?

Dave

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Our printers can print by USB or Network, but not both (unless you use printer sharing built into the OS, which we don't directly support). 

You might try to run THIS, the newest version of the software to see if it resolves the issue.

Announcements