cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 3650 Printer won't print "Ink empty error"

hedleygb
Apprentice

Canon MG 3650 constantly told me (with a little yellow light) that my ink was empty. Pressing the stop button for 5 seconds sometimes worked, but there are other fundctions on this button, so I often got a slow and complicated printout – not always the same one – which showed that there was plenty of ink. This dodn't stop the little yellow light, though.
Eventually I gave in and bought original Canon cartridges. Did this solve the problem? It did not. When I press the stop button for 5 seconds, the printer whirs and clicks and bangs and returns to slumber.  The on=screen status monitor says 'error - printing', which is remarkably unhelpful.
If my office was upstairs I could throw the thing out of the window and watch it smash. That would be more fun than endlessly trying to make it see sense.
When it works, it works well. But now it doesn't.

1 REPLY 1

James_C

Hi Hedleygb,

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product MG3650 appears to be a model not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the community is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We can only support Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements