cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my paper too thick?

jaymack
Enthusiast

I have a Canon 7220 printer. I want to use a thick paper, I tried it on my laser printer and it worked okay but noisy. How can I find out if the Canon will work on it? There's no real thickness guide that I could find.

5 REPLIES 5

Ramona
Authority

Hi jaymack,

You can use paper within the 17 to 28 lb (64 to 105 g /m2) weight range with the PIXMA iP7220.  Please do not use heavier or lighter paper (except for Canon genuine paper), as it could jam in the printer.

Canon genuine paper for the printer can be purchased from the Canon online store here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, it does work fine with the paper I bought. However it doesn't work very well on my laser printer, makes a horrible noise and gets stuck. But the Canon works just fine. Thanks.

Hello.

If the issue is with your laser printer, check to make sure that the paper is intended for use with laser printers.  It may be possible that the media is meant for inkjet products.

If you continue to have questions or issues regarding your Canon printer, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Prints worked fine. But, I can't seem to be able to connect with the forum from my side and always have to go to Canon website manually.

Hi, jaymack!

If you need to reach the forum, just bookmark http://community.usa.canon.com on your favorite browser to come back here anytime.

Hope this helps!

Announcements