cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink for Pixma iP4850

marymikaels
Apprentice

Hi there, I brought my Canon Pixma iP4850 printer from Europe to the U.S. I need new ink, the ink that was in the printer was 526. But here it's nowhere to be found- I can only buy 226. The cartridges looks the same.. Some places say that the 226 fits iP4850 but most places say that it fits iP4820 and don't mention the iP4850. I'm so confused, looking for anyone to verify if I can in fact use the 226 ink for my printer.

Thanks so much 🙂

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi,

You will likely need to contact Canon support to get this confirmation.  (226 compatible with 526)

I send a lot of people overseas for work.  Two things I never send them with.  Monitors and printers.  Monitors because of the power connections, and printers because of inks.  I have found it best to have them buy these two items in the country where they will reside.  When they return I tell them to donate these items to a friend, church or school.  

I'm not saying you won't be able to find ink here, but it will likely be challenging.  I make this recommendation primarily for economics and convenience.  If you can't visit Best Buy, Office Depot, Staples, Walmart, etc.. and pick up the ink you need, its not worth it.  If you do find it, it will likely be prohibitively expensive due to import.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements