cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink Levels for the PIXMA G6020 Printer

reesaazar
Apprentice

Hello, My father owns the Canon 6020 Printer. The printer is not printing in color (only black) I looked at the ink levels and they are all at the second line (not low enough). Should I have him flush the system to correct this or does he have to purchase the ink to refill?

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hey there! We have a couple of printers that have 6020 in the model number.

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What exact model printer are you using (usually on the top or front of the unit)?
Do you see any error messages?
Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?
Any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue.
If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.
If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.
Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you so much for answering. Please see my responses below

What exact model printer are you using (usually on the top or front of the unit)? Canon Pixma G6020
Do you see any error messages? It says that two of the ink level are low, when I went to the Maintenance tab, but when looking the printer they are not low
Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)? Windows
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)? WIFI

Hi,

When you perform a ink flush, it may resolve the issue but it will also use up more ink. After you ran a nozzle cleaning, did you print a nozzle check? If so, can you attach it to your reply here?

We look forward to hearing from you. 

reesaazar
Apprentice

Hello, I did print a nozzle check as it is at my dad's. It was all black and had no color. Does this help?

Hi,

Since there is no color printing and there is still color ink you can try a ink flush. If that does not work the printer would require service. 

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase. 

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements