cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Colors Printing To Disc

ES_CO
Apprentice

I'm using a TS9020 to print onto Verbatim matte printable discs through Photoshop CC 2018 (Mac OS 10.12.6) and cannot get any kind of consistency in the color output.  Don't tell me to use My Image Garden, it is far too limited and inadequate for my needs.

Occasionally it prints reasonably accurately, but printing the next disc using the same exact settings results in lighter, more washed out colors.  I have also had distinctly orange sections of logos print out as pink.  At best, I can get reasonably accurate colors only on the first print after turning on the printer or going through every setting and resaving my print settings.  Subsequent prints are inaccurate.

I have experienced this both when I set color handling in Photoshop to the Canon printer and also when I attempt to have Photoshop manage the colors.  The template I'm printing from is a RGB Photoshop layered image using the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile.  Test prints on plain paper from the printer are reasonably accurate, but I cannot translate those results to disc media.

One thing that could be a problem is that in Photoshop, there are no profiles for disc media to select, just presets for various Canon papers.  

I have cleaned the nozzles, replaced ink tanks and updated the firmware on the printer to no lasting effect and I've wasted lots of time, blank media and ink on this.  

1 REPLY 1

ES_CO
Apprentice

Since I have had no response to this question, are there any CD printing programs that support printing to Canon Tray M?  I have Magic Mouse Discus for labels, but it is not being updated for Tray M.  It supports other canon trays but those layouts do not translate to the TS 9020.  

Announcements