cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP7250 CD NOT PRINTING

BOSCHEV
Apprentice

IP7250 CD NOT PRINTING

For some reason my printer ip7250 won't print cd/dvd. It worked before. I have reinstalled settings but it says that it has a driver missing. Can anyone help??

Canon Quick Menu A driver supporting QM is not installed

I have tried using a different software but it won't print CDs. It woirks fine with documents.

6 REPLIES 6

spamnchips
Apprentice

I am also having problems printing to a CD using My Image Garden software. This supposedly allows Direct to Disc printing but when I try to print I get an error code 1857 telling me the inner cover is open. Well congratulations software, that is where the disc try is loaded. The software knows that I am using a print tray but I can't get it to work.

Any ideas would be gratefully recieved.

Helen26
Apprentice

Exactly the same problem with me. Any ideas

Hello Helen26

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. The model number appears on the top of the printer just above the power button. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Helen26
Apprentice

It is a Pixma TS 705a

Thanks for joining the conversation, Helen26!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

leonfr
Apprentice

Solution: Don't put the CD or disc tray in to that slot until My Image Garden tells you to do so!   Close the inner door or cover where you will eventually put the tray and keep it closed while the machine processes the print job. Press Print with the cover closed, no tray! The dialogue will tell you to wait until prompted to pull the cover down and then insert the CD tray. DON'T INSERT THE TRAY UNTIL THE SYSTEM INSTRUCTS.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements