cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IJ Scan Utility Scan Feature Grayed Out (PIXMA MX492)

1grace
Apprentice

The scan feature is grayed out in the IJ Network tool-guide menu . Tried to download the canon download and it says the setup needs to be updated to work with the Mac OS Ventura, contact the developer.  Is there another download?

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@1grace wrote:

The scan feature is grayed out in the IJ Network tool-guide menu . Tried to download the canon download and it says the setup needs to be updated to work with the Mac OS Ventura, contact the developer.  Is there another download?

Is this what you are trying to use?:

Screenshot 2023-08-21 103125.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John, Thank you for responding to my problem.

The installation was successful, the software was installed but, it says "the Canon IJ set up needs to be updated".  Just like the last 3 software set ups I tried.  Is this printer just too old for the Ventura OS? Don't know what to do except to buy a new printer but then my older computers in the house might not work with a newer printer.  Any suggestion would be appreciated. Grace

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hi Grace. 
Register your product on the Canon site and then request support. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mx492

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I'll give that a try, Thanks!

Just letting you know the issue got resolved thanks to your advice.  The canon rep said I also had to download a cups printer driver for mac version 16.70.0.0 along with the IJ set up you suggested.  Everything is working good now.  Have a great day John!

Announcements