cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICC profiles for Canon Pixma iP8700

Roadangel21
Apprentice

HELP please!!! I recently purchased a Canon Pixma iP8700.  I use a digital design program Silhouette to desing and print images.  The colors are SO OFF!!!  I have a pink and purple pattern that is printing red and blue.

I have other printers that print the same images correctly however my Canon is very off with the tones i need.

Any suggestions, guidance and help WOULD BE SO GREATLY APPRECIATED PLEASE.  

In my research i was reading about icc files and color management profiles ( i am not that techie) and i do not understand how to correct the color range.

Please help.  Thank you, Angie

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What computer eating system are you using?

Do you have the latest driver installed?

Have you run a nozzle check to verify that all the inks are printing correctly?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you so much for your help.  I am using a laptop that runs windows 11 Home.  The printer is only 5 days old.  I recently purchased it.  I took the same file and printed it through Adobe Illustrator and the colors were still looking red and blue instead if pink and purple.

I have done test prints from the internet and the colors look like the image on the screen.

Any suggestions are highly welcomed.

Thank you again.

If the test prints are printing properly but your file isn’t it sounds like it is a conflict with file type and software settings. What is the file type that you are trying to print?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The files are either svg, png files and files generated from digital design software Silhouette studio ( .studio3).  Shouldn't the colors be/print the same regardless of the program I use?

Announcements