I keep getting a low ink warning on my IP2700

devonis1
Apprentice

How do I turn off the alert

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi devonis1,

To disable the ink level detection function of the printer and prevent the low ink warnings from displaying, please press and hold down the STOP/RESET or RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer for at least 7 seconds, then release it.  You will need to do this procedure for each ink cartridge that is low/out of ink.  Once the low/out of ink cartridge is replaced with a Canon genuine ink cartridge, the ink level detection function of the printer will be re-enabled.  Should you still receive the low ink warning, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

sherrylowry
Contributor
I only use Canon Pixma cartridges but still get the "low" warnings even with all brand new cartridges. Crazy-making.

And...since you posted this, where oh where is this in the documentation as it bothers a lot of owners?

Hi sherrylowry,

The information regarding disabling the ink level detection function of the printer can be found in the troubleshooting section of the user's manual for the printer related to support codes.  The troubleshooting section describes errors or messages that may be received when using the printer, along with steps that can be taken to try and resolve them. 

This issue of the ink levels not being updated when new inks are installed may occur if the ink cartridges are replaced prior to the ink being completely empty.  If the ink is replaced too soon, it may not register the fact that new ink has been installed and update the levels accordingly.  

To try and resolve the issue, please take the ink out, turn the printer off, then turn it back on, and place the ink back in the printer. This should update the ink levels accurately. Should you continue to experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements