cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an MG8220 printer. I have been printing Christmas envelopes, and the address keeps getting

GFord
Apprentice

I have an MG8220 printer. I have been printing red Christmas envelopes, and the address keeps getting dimmer. Ink levels are ok. I can print on white envelopes ok. I can print on red pages ok. I don't understand why the address is so light, or how to fix it. I have a PC with Windows 10 (upgrade).

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Before printing, check to make sure that you have changed the media type selection to Envelopes.  It may be possible that the corner of the envelope is grinding against the nozzles some how.  Also, try flattening the envelope as much as possible before printing.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank your for the suggestions. I made sure media type was envelope. What's strange is that it prints fine on white enveropes and green ones. Initially it printed on red fine, too. I changed the black cartridge in case it was low even though there were no warnings of it being low. So, I'm baffled. 

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If white envelopes or paper continue to print fine the issue may be related to the red paper you are using.  You may have to use labels or a different type of media to get the addresses on your envelopes.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. 

Announcements