cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a new MX922 on my Mac with El Capitan (10.11.4). How do I fax from my Mac?

danielhm
Contributor

I have a new MX922 on my iMac newly upgraded with El Capitan (10.11.4).

How do I fax from my Mac?

I've been all through every tab and setting I can find with no luck.

Help! 🙂

Thanks.

Dan

8 REPLIES 8

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Faxes cannot be sent from a Mac computer.  It is only possible to send faxes from a computer running Windows. 

In your case, you will have to print the item and fax it directly from the printer.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Why is it broken like this?

When will it be fixed?

Thanks!

Anything?

Hello.

This function has not available on Mac OSX computers for any of our products.  This may be related to the printer/fax setup on Mac OSX.  To send faxes from your Mac, you will have to use the fax modem adapter that is available through Apple.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Other vendors apparently have managed to configure their drivers to fax directly from OS-X El Capitain. I think the operative word here on Canon's part is "Won't" rather than "Can't".

I hope this enhancement will be considered for a near-term driver update.

This is a huge failure on Canon's part and I cannot see why they do not address it.

Apple seems to have broken one of the sacred rules of software engineering, "Do No Harm".  Apple released a new OS, and broke much of the software base in the process.  In other words, many applications stopped working properly.

This may not be entirely Apple's fault, though.  Software engineers are supposed to follow certain rules when interacting with the OS.  If the rules say make three left turns in order to turn right, then that's what you do.  Some folks just take the shortcut and turn right, which usually results in broken code down the road.  Like right now.

It has also been reported that Apple is about to introduce a version 11 of its' operating system in the fall, too. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

That's not the way Canon is spinning it.

Announcements