cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Pixma MP560 won't print black text.

qualitylady1975
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MP560, I cannot get it to print black text. It prints color with no problem.   All cartridges are full.  When I do the nozzle test, the black ink is barely legible.  I have done multiple deep cleanings but it has not resolved the problem. Do you have any other solutions?  

34 REPLIES 34

louielouielouie
Apprentice

Hi there,

I just thought I'd reply since this problem drove me up a wall and there was an embarrassingly simple solution.

I'd tried cleaning/deep cleaning a billion times and it was never getting any better, and my ink levels were just being depleted from the process. STRESSFUL. But actually after calling in, I was asked to check whether there was a slit above the ink label (like an upside down L) on the large black cartridge, and I had to remove a bit of a packaging sticker to see if it was there. It was this sticker remnant that was actually blocking the slit and stopping cartridge from being used properly. I don't know how this works exactly but that's how it went down. After removing the sticker, it printed black like a charm.

SO, if you've tried cleaning more than should be necessary and it's not a problem with the print head, it might just be a bit of sticker that is causing your problem. Thought I'd share, just in case.

@louielouielouie wrote:

Hi there,

I just thought I'd reply since this problem drove me up a wall and there was an embarrassingly simple solution.

I'd tried cleaning/deep cleaning a billion times and it was never getting any better, and my ink levels were just being depleted from the process. STRESSFUL. But actually after calling in, I was asked to check whether there was a slit above the ink label (like an upside down L) on the large black cartridge, and I had to remove a bit of a packaging sticker to see if it was there. It was this sticker remnant that was actually blocking the slit and stopping cartridge from being used properly. I don't know how this works exactly but that's how it went down. After removing the sticker, it printed black like a charm.

SO, if you've tried cleaning more than should be necessary and it's not a problem with the print head, it might just be a bit of sticker that is causing your problem. Thought I'd share, just in case.

louie, were you using canon ink or a knockoff ink? my tab is totally removed on my cartridge label and it still wont print black.

Thanks for the tip, but that wasn't the problem with my MX870 printer.  Not quite two years old...over $350...and it needs replacing already.  Boo, Canon.

I'm in the exact same boat. Barely 2 years old. Never printed wirelessly, but I got over that. However I can't get over it not printing black ink properly. I've tried everything.

I tried your suggestion (even tho its my magenta that won't print) and no luck.  I have replaced the cartridge a number of times.  Last time Canon sent me a free one because I couldn't get the one before that to work.  Now that the free one is empty, I have installed a new one and back to the same old problem.

Do you think there is a problem with Canon's cartridges being old?

Hi there,
Just had to read through this forum as my Canon Pixma MP560 stopped printing black ink - colour was fine, and even the Nozzle Check Pattern was printing fine. I removed the brand new cartridges and the the print head completely (very easy process, consulted the manual but you do have to be extremely careful when handling the print head). Replaced it all and now printer is printing black ink again perfectly. May have been one of the ink cartridges was just not installed quite right but certainly removing them all and replacing them all may have fixed the problem. So happy as have been without my printer for over a week! Good luck, hope you get prob sorted!

Removing and cleaning print head  works....Watched YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZheZf-vdho8) on cleaning Canon print head.  Easy to do and after watching and then washing under hot water (ran black and blue) reinstalled print head and printing was back to normal...thanks for the lead

It's about time Canon admit they have a problem, and offer real solution.

Luckily, another user in another thread found it on his own... watch the video and follow instructions (I used canned air to make sure all water was gone - just in case...

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Personal-Printers/I-have-a-pixma-MX882-printer-and-all-of-a-sudden...

Worked like a charm on my PIXMA MX882

Hi Tropen.  I tried to use the link but it doesn't work.  Is the information available by anothe route?  Thanks.

Announcements