cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 9 photos I want to print on a single sheet of paper.

EuniceMF
Apprentice

I have 9 photos on my desktop that I want to print on a single sheet of paper, an option offered by my Canon Pixma MG5420 printer. I can use the Control key to group them, but when I right click "print" and go to the 9-per-page option, they're not in the order I want (important because some are horizontal and others vertical, and I want them arranged for easiest viewing). How can I get it to print in the arrangement I want?

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I am guessing the printer prints them in file name order?

If so, you could rename them 1.jpg, 2.jpg etc in the order you want them printed.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you, John--but your suggestion didn't work. I wasn't surprised, because I can't figure out what if any system the printer uses. It seems to be random to some extent, because from one time to the next it may print a different arrangement, even if I haven't changed the configuration on my desktop. I've tried to look for patterns. For example, where it transfered a picture I had in the lower left corner to the upper right corner, I tried switching the desktop positions to correlate with what appeared to be a pattern, only to have my expectations thwarted by a new pattern. I've come to the conclusion that I need to print the pictures in whatever pattern the printer chooses, do a real cut-and-paste job with scissors and scotch tape, and create a true paste-up as a master copy. But it would be delightful if someone could tell me how on earth the printer makes its decisions in this matter. (By the way, my father was a John Hoffman too.)

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements