cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't see Windows 8 x64 drivers on the Canon USA web site to support the Pixma MP150.

teeman-usa
Apprentice

After a lot of trial and error I finally got my Pixma MP150 to print using Windows 8 x64. However, I can't get the scanner to work using MP Navigator. I downloaded MP Navigator V3.1. When I try to run it I get an error message saying "Scanner driver supported by this software is not installed. Install it and try again."  Where do I get the proper driver for the scanner and how do I install it?  I did not see any Windows 8 driver support software on the Canon USA website for the MP150.

6 REPLIES 6

Devin
Enthusiast

Hi teeman-usa!

Unfortunately, the PIXMA MP150 is not supported on Windows 8 by Canon.  The reason that you are able to print is because you are using the Microsoft driver through Windows Update.  Canon does not have any scanner drivers available for this model to work with Windows 8.  There are no other drivers or workarounds that will allow ths to work.  

If you wish to replace your printer, you are eligible for service options through Canon. Please contact us using the following link so a representative can go over your options.  Contact Us.

Well, here it is 5 months later, and still no Windows 8 drivers for the MP150.  Guess it isn't going to happen.  Perfectly good printer becomes obsolete.  Shame really.

TigeKala
Apprentice

Hi,

I had the same probelm, with my canon MP150 series printer, on win8 64bit. But i solved the problem that way, I downloaded  x64 windows 7 driver, from canon homepage. Then i packed the installer, but i did not started to install.

Next, i  looked in users/myuser/AppData/Temp my extracted driver files, copy-pasted on the desktop, then  i just used from  control panel advanced printer adding app

And it worked!

Hi

Can you better explain the last steps of yoiur solution?
Thanks

Hi

Yes, it worked! Nice idea! Thanks

w4rrhwv
Apprentice
I bought an hp windows 8 computer in September 2013 and it recognized mp-150. It printed. I did not try the scan.
Announcements