cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print 4x6 photos with 4x6 photo paper on a pixma iP2820 printer using the photo program that

pz128
Apprentice

How to print 4x6 photos with 4x6 photo paper on a pixma iP2820 printer using the photo program that comes with Windows 10.

When I do get a print, it has a much white space at the bottom. When I try a 4x6 photo size and use a 4x6 paper size, I get a message saying that that the photo won't fit on the selected paper. When I get the preview to be something I can live with, I get a message giving me a message box containing a support code 4102. This software isn't the only software package that presents me with much white space at the bottom of the print. I have two goals, one, to be able to print a 4x6 photo on 4x6 photo paper with no margins and two, to be able to print a 4x6 photo on 4x6 photo paper with margins. Can anyone out there point me in the right direction?

It's got to be me because I get the same results with an HP printer. Not the same error box.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pz128,

Borderless printing is not supported with the PIXMA iP2820.  Images printed from the iP2820 will have a border.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks.

No borders. I get it.

Now for goal 2 printing with borders - how do I get to determine the border widths around the the picture. I consistently get a border at the bottom that is considerably larger width than the border widths of the other sides. This has been the situation ever since I started printing photos. I get the same results using a number of photo editors. It also happens on an HP inkjet printer. This seems to suggest that it is something I am doing and not the software or hardware I am using. I supposedly resize the photo to a 4x6, used that dimension in the software programs I have and used 4x6 photo paper (I select the paper size and the paper type and select the type of "file" it is - a photo. I can;t get what I want. In this case a consistent thin border of uniform width. The no border idea was an attempt to get rid of the bottom large border by just eliminating borders which might eliminate the problem.

Announcements